Coalition Manager for the Trust Respect Access Coalition
Trust. Respect. Access. is a multi-year campaign to promote policies that restore trust in Texans to make their own reproductive health care decisions, respect the dignity of Texans and the judgment of health care professionals, and ensure access to abortion and the support all Texas families need to thrive.
This unprecedented, coordinated campaign aims to shift the policy climate around abortion access in Texas, to educate the public about the harm caused by decades of anti-abortion laws, and to hold lawmakers accountable for political attacks on reproductive health care.
The coalition partners include: ACLU of Texas, Afiya Center, NARAL Pro-Choice Texas, National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health, Progress Texas, Texas Freedom Network, Whole Woman's Health Alliance, Jane’s Due Process, Lilith Fund for Reproductive Equity, Planned Parenthood Texas Votes, Texas Equal Access Fund, and Deeds Not Words.
The coalition manager will provide the following services to support the Trust Respect Access Coalition in Texas, including managing, coordinating, communicating, helping partners execute tactics, and troubleshooting the inner workings of the coalition.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Maintain, schedule, and facilitate coalition meetings, working group meetings, and/or activities with the direction of the coalition members;
- Facilitate adequate information sharing between sub-committees -- policy, communications, field/organizing;
- Assist in meeting agenda development; work in a consensus framework to reach agreement on all plans;
- Maintain a professional working relationship with each organization in collaboration with the coalition members;
- Track all relevant legislative activity, including bill movement, committee hearings, and floor activity;
- Establish and maintain effective systems for sharing legislative updates across a multi- organization coalition;
- Identify and maintain communication channels for a variety of information needs and responses;
- Organize documents representing the coalition;
- Manage the list and roles of the members of the coalition;
- Develop/maintain a work plan that identifies and sequences the activities needed to make the coalition successful;
- Attend other coalition meetings with an eye towards increasing cross-movement collaboration between immigration and LGBTQIA efforts;
- Work closely with funder partner to ensure non-lobbying efforts are adequately resourced.
- Texas Legislative policy experience, plus ability to track/monitor abortion bills and develop a shared spreadsheet (internal and external facing)
- Strong understanding of the reproductive justice framework and abortion
- Knowledge of organizing and communications work
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Preferred experience working issue-based campaigns
- Ability to interface with other coalitions (to promote long-term goals of cross-movement work)
- Ability to handle pressure in fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and independently follow through on assignments
- Willingness to work long and/or unusual hours (including evening and weekend work)
This position will be located in Austin, Texas. Project to be billed at $5,000 per month on the first of each month. The work performed under this job description would include an estimated 30-40 hours per week. There will be no additional time or compensation without prior written approval.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter, as attachments, via email with the subject, “[name], Coalition Manager” to Jobs@trustrespectaccess.org by COB October 22nd. The duration for this project is Nov 1st 2018 – June 30th, 2019.